CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Architectural Lighting Annual Product Issue (May/June 2014)
Deadline: March 3, 2014
Architectural Lighting Magazine invites you to forward new product releases for editorial consideration in our Annual Product Issue, which is distributed at Lightfair. Luminaires, light sources, and lighting products that have been released after May 2013, qualify. This annual special issue showcases more than 150 lighting products in categories such as:
• Apps (Apps for iPhone, iTouch, iPad, and other smart phone devices)
• Daylighting/Solar Control/Shading Devices
• Decorative Lighting
• Emergency/Exit Lighting
• Fiber Optics
• Lamps and Ballasts
• Landscape Lighting (New standalone category for 2014)
• LEDs and Drivers
• Lighting Controls
• Lighting Software Programs
• Light Measuring Tools (New for 2014)
• Optics, Films, Lens, and Reflectors
• Outdoor Lighting
• Research and Lighting Reference Publications (New for 2014)
• Specialty Items and Accessories
• Street and Area Roadway Lighting
• Theatrical Lighting
Please send materials and address all inquiries to:
Hallie Busta, Associate Editor, Products/Technology
One Thomas Circle NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20005-5811
Product submissions must include the following materials:
1. PDF file with Submitter’s contact information including: Name; Title; Company Name; Address; Phone Number; and E-mail address. If you work for a PR firm/agency and are sending materials on behalf of a manufacturer, please indicate the manufacturer that you are representing.
2. Hardcopy printout of product information including product press releases and technical spec sheets that describe the product in detail. (Do not send full catalogs.)
3. If you are submitting in the ‘Apps’ category, please provide URL link to page in the iTunes store.
4. Hardcopy color printout of the digital image(s) being included as part of the submission. Images can include just the product image or the product in an installation/application setting. Include the submitter’s name, address, phone number, and e-mail address on all printouts.
5. CD or USB drive with all of the entry materials – product literature (text materials in PDF or Word format) and images in correct file format (see Artwork Submission Requirements below). Please note, if the entry materials are being sent electronically, please coordinate with the editor for file transfer instructions via Dropbox. Hardcopy of all materials must be sent, regardless.
ARTWORK SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
All artwork must be 300dpi, and at least 4” x 6” or the closest approximation. Appropriate file types are JPEG, TIFF, EPS, or PSD. There should be no text on the images. Please label the digital image files using the following format: Manufacturer_Product Name.
SUBMISSIONS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED VIA E-MAIL.