The International Association of Lighting Designers will be holding its Enlighten Americas Conference this week from Oct. 13 – 15 at the Sheraton Buganvilias Resort + Convention Center in Puerto Vallarta, México.
The conference starts with a pre-meeting workshop—the Business Owners Forum—Thursday Oct. 13 from 12 noon to 5:00 p.m., the subject of which is: Succession, Exit and Transition Planning Workshop. Led by Bill Black, Founder, Exit & Retirement Strategies, and Founder & Host, The Exit Coach Radio Show, Orange, Calif., the interactive session will assist firm principals in mapping out business transitions. For further details and to register go to the IALD Business Owners Forum link.
Other highlights for this year’s Enlighten Conference include:
· Keynote address by Danielle Feinberg, Director of Photography at Pixar Animation Studios (If you didn’t get a chance to see her talk at last year’s Enlighten Americas in Baltimore, don’t miss this opportunity!)
· Forty-one speakers from 10 countries presenting seminars across the Art, Science, and Professional Tools tracks. (All educational sessions will have full simultaneous interpretation into Spanish.)
· Student workshop led by educators Paulette Herbert and Greg Clare, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Okla.
· The Sky Library, a collaborative, artistic closing session presented by Martin Lupton and Sharon Stammers of U.K.-based firm Light Collective
· Networking opportunities throughout the conference in between sessions and at set manufacturer-sponsored evening receptions
For more information and to inquire about last minute registration go to: iald.me/enam16reg
To review the full Enlighten Americas conference schedule, click here.
Any questions related to the conference should be addressed to Kelly Ashmore, IALD manager of meetings + professional relations, at email@example.com.